You know the drill. You've had a long day, you're hungry, and all you can think about is how good it would feel to eat something comforting. Before you know it, you've raided the pantry or the fridge and are eating way more than you meant to. If this sounds familiar, then you may be struggling with emotional eating. But before you give up on yourself, there's one trick that may help: journaling. Here's how it works...
The benefits of journaling for emotional eating
1. It aids in processing emotion. When you become aware of your emotions and write them in a journal it allows the intensity of the emotion to release from your body and onto the paper.
2. In inserts a pause. It allows you to take a moment to reflect and create awareness.
3. It provides clarity. When you feel confused or uncertain about your feelings - writing them down can help you do tap into your inner world and make better sense of things.
There is one journaling trick that can help you stop emotional eating for good. It's simple, but it works like a charm. Here's what you do:
1. Every time you feel the urge to eat emotionally, write down what's going on.
2. Write down how you're feeling, what caused the emotion, and what kind of food you're craving.
3. After writing everything down, try to find a way to address the underlying issue.
4. If possible, try to find a healthier way to deal with your emotions instead of turning to food.
5. Repeat this process every time you experience an emotional eating episode, and eventually it will become second nature to you.
If you are struggling with emotional eating, consider starting a journaling practice. Journaling can help you to understand your thoughts and feelings around food, which can ultimately help you to make healthier choices. Give journaling a try for at least two weeks and see if it makes a difference in your relationship with food.
P.S. Whenever you are ready - here are 3 ways I can help you to accept + respect your body with my proven method that is disrupting diet culture...even if you think weightloss is the only answer to your happiness....
1. Receive daily affirmations to your phone! www.martinahealthandwellness.com/page/daily-affirmations
2. Join our community Self-Love at any size: Accept + Respect your body! and connect with women who will empower, inspire and motivate you to love your imperfectly perfect self & learn to accept and respect your body!
3. Find your Magic Course Library! Discover movement you love, Find self-Love through journaling, make peace with food, or harness the power of crystals! Receive your special discount to all my courses by using the coupon code: MAGICVIP at check-out! The Self-Love Revolution has also launched! Become a Self-Love Maven by signing up for this transformational program at 40% off (Use your coupon code: MAGICVIP) Join the Revolution!